Lyrenol contains allyestrenol. It is a synthetic progestogen which prevents threatened miscarriage, frequent pregnancy loss.
- Frequent pregnancy loss
- Premature labor
- Threatened miscarriage
- In men it is used for benign prostate hyperplasia
5mg tid for five days
The drug is well distributed in the body with half life of 9.46hrs.
The drug metabolites are excreted in urine and bile.
- Undiagnosed vaginal bleeding
- Thrombophleobitis ( inflammation of wall of vein )
- Hormone dependent carcinoma
- Severe hepatic impairment
- Discontinue the drug if causing the vision loss
- Cardia & Renal dysfunction
- Diabetic patients
- May cause inability for operating a machinery